|PlayStation 4, Enhanced for PlayStation 5|
|Single Player, Online Multiplayer|
|September 6 2022 (North America/Europe) / September 7 2022 (Japan)|
Return to the void when The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition launches on Playstation 4 with enhancements for Playstation 5 on September 6 in Europe and North America / September 7 in Japan – exactly six years since the original release!
BACK FROM THE BRINK
In a last-ditch attempt to rebuild civilization and restore life to the Void, the few remaining survivors develop “Projection Clones”, new life forms capable of venturing deep into the unknown in search of essential resources. Tasked with exploring the mysterious islands that periodically rise from the Void and retrieving preserved human survivors, these Projection Clones are the last remaining hope for humanity. However, the monstrous Izverg, colossal beasts forged from the residue of negativity congealing in the Void, pose an ever-looming threat to mankind’s survival.
a cult classic, reborn
Originally developed by Q-Games and published on PlayStation 4 in partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment, cult hit The Tomorrow Children invited players to explore, mine and rebuild within a breathtaking alternate future setting, with town-building and community collaboration at the heart of the core gameplay. In a historic move following the release of the original game in 2016, Q-Games were successful in acquiring the rights to The Tomorrow Children and have since been working on a revival, The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition, containing a wealth of new content and features.
With community feedback in mind, Q-Games spent a great deal of time reverting the game back to its intended design to provide a premium experience. This decision ensured that The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition will remain playable indefinitely – as part of the design changes, the game no longer relies on a central server and all microtransactions have been removed.
NEW AND IMPROVED
In addition to the stunning visuals and engaging collaborative gameplay that fans have come to expect from The Tomorrow Children, The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition introduces an abundance of new features:
- Learn how to become a model citizen using the new in-depth tutorial
- Discover 40+ islands including multiple brand new designs
- All the original islands have been updated with new elements
- Comrade AI now help you out in single player offline mode
- Draft more Comrade AI during offline or online play to support town growth
- Direct the Comrade AI’s priorities to repair, collect resources or defend your town
- Every player is now responsible for one town each
- Invite friends to your town using party codes
- Climb to new heights using the Grappling Hook
- Discover multiple new villager designs
- Charge vehicles at the new EV station
- New lighting and color settings
- Utilise new Void powers to instantly and easily navigate treacherous areas
- Unlock new costumes and bags to stand out from the crowd
- VoidKa vending machines now spawn at bus stops
- Held Resources are now visible above your bag’s item in the inventory display
- Earn new trophies
- Collaborate more easily with increased player visibility
- Send thanks to other players by swiping up on the touchpad
- Leave gifts for other players in their homes even when they are offline
- Set up camp and share your tent’s respawn point with other players
- Matryoshka dolls now cry to help you find their location
- Many more hints, tips and help to guide you in your journey
- Huge re-balancing of all elements in the game and an increase in the default usage given to all tools
- Towns can be developed forever and more awards are now given for population milestones
- Islands now have individual names
- New house designs available for residents in a town to build
A Monolithic Addition
Alongside these exciting new changes, The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition introduces a never-before-seen headline feature; monoliths. Monoliths are mysterious structures that can be discovered nestled within islands emerging from the Void that, once triggered, dramatically alter the existing state of islands. They can be activated in both single player and multiplayer modes and create new ways to explore through the reveal of hidden areas, secret treasures and branching paths. Fans of the original release and new players alike can look forward to seeing the compelling changes Monoliths introduce to island exploration.
I’d like to thank first and foremost the fans of The Tomorrow Children, without whom, I would never have had the confidence to keep pursuing this deal. Our fans are some of the most amazing gamers out there, and every day for the past four years they have kept the dream alive. I think the happiest thing about this decision is imagining the enjoyment those fans will feel as they re-enter the crazy post-apocalyptic world of The Tomorrow Children.
Secondly I’d like to thank Sony Interactive Entertainment for also working with me to have the IP returned to Q-Games. It has taken a concerted effort by all of us to get to this ultimate step, and I’m full of gratitude to everyone involved in the process.
I am now tweaking and re-working parts of the game every week, and I hope everyone follows along and gets involved in this process. We plan to make quite a few changes for the better, and give The Tomorrow Children the re-launch it deserves!
Come watch the fun!
Founder and Director
Stay in the Know
the 'postcards from the void' newsletter contains exclusive interviews, preview footage and early access to the latest news on the tomorrow children: phoenix edition from the team at q-games.
Sign Up today!
TWEETS FROM THE VOID
Make a statement in the Void and select your outfit carefully! Which would you choose? #TheTomorrowChildren https://t.co/tjKISz6XZRRead More
@Miguel32420158 Welcome to the Void, Comrade!Read More
@JavaDuke07 💀Read More
@_pituquis Thank you for your continued support! We're working on future plans, so watch this space...Read More