Collect Trash for Cash!!
Q-Games is proud to announce the launch of Scrappers on Apple Arcade!
Set in the post-apocalyptic city of Junktown, the game allows players to take on the role of robotic garbage collectors. Up to three more players can join in on the co-op trash-collecting / beat-em-up action!
Scrappers provides players with enjoyment across four unique zones, a multitude of levels, along with mini-games and boss encounters. Players can also equip new weapons to fight with and customize their trusty garbage truck with over 100 custom parts!
- Explore 4 vibrant, uniquely themed areas with over 20 stages.
- Master the art of fast and frantic garbage collecting, either solo or with up to 3 friends.
- Battle rival garbage collectors in chaotic street brawls using a variety of unlockable weapons.
- Customize your garbage truck with over 100 unique custom parts.
- Unlock and recruit a variety of Scrappers for your roster.
- Challenge your friends in fun and competitive mini-games.
- Immerse yourself in a colorful world that interweaves cyberpunk influences with a cartoony pop style that draws inspiration from real-world Japan.
- Includes support for PlayStation DualShock 4, Xbox Wireless, and MFi controllers.
- Collect trash with one swipe!
- Control two robots at once and collect all the trash in the city!
- The stages change every time you play!
- Watch out for the time limit!
- Compete with players from around the world on the leaderboards!
- New Area
- A new area has appeared in the middle of Junk Town!
- There are five unique stages to trash!
- New Shop Items
- New weapons, player characters, and truck parts are now available in the store!
Additional Updates for v2.0
- Added support for 3 save slots
- Reduced data load time
- Improved gameplay performance
- Adjusted to thrown trash to more easily land in your truck
- Show assistance icon when gamepad is connected
- Introducing S.C.R.A.P., a solo player’s best friend!
- This adorable AI sidekick helps players out in single-player mode by automatically collecting trash, then passing it to them or tossing it into the garbage truck as the situation demands.
- Overclock in either single-player or multiplayer mode with the overclocker bot!
- We’ve replaced the single-player overclock system with a new support NPC that appears in multiplayer games as well. Pop the balloon on top of its head to overclock! Overclocking temporarily boosts your strength and speed. It also allows you to pick up more than the usual limit of 3 items at once!
- Teaming up for multiplayer is now easier than ever!
- The game now supports party codes and random matchmaking! Share a numeric code with friends to start a multiplayer game together, or match up randomly with players from around the world!
- New trash tiers for score tallies!
- Garbage is now divided into 4 tiers with different score bonuses: normal, heavy, special, and enemy.
- New auto-catch feature allows easier catching for casual play!
- You can now automatically catch garbage within range with a new optional auto-catch feature! You can also disable this feature to play the classic Scrappers way.
- New and improved tutorials!
We’ve also added a number of quality-of-life improvements:
- You can now restart a stage immediately after game over.
- UI now features P1-P4 indicators to clarify who’s who in multiplayer games.
- New HP bars now allow players to gauge their health at a glance.
- Players low on HP now feature sparking visual and sound effects to indicate damage.
- Visual effects updated to make it clearer who’s been KO’d and where.
- Respawn timers now appear above KO’d players’ heads.
- Adjusted enemy spawns and default gear’s strength for more fun and balanced gameplay.
- Reduced prices and streamlined purchases.
- Improved UI to clarify which items are available for purchase.
- Improved character selection screen navigation.
- Improved character selection screen visuals to better indicate which slots players are in and which characters are still available.
- Fixed a number of minor bugs.
Beat ‘Em Up
April 10th, 2020